Hello! I’m so excited you have stopped by here today. I am stop #3 on the Fall Christian Fiction Scavenger Hunt, where by finding all the clues (they are easy to find!) you can be entered to win the grand prize of a New iPad Mini or the 2nd and 3rd prize packs which include a copy of all 25 books featured on the hunt (a value over $300)! And in the process, you get the fun of meeting authors with new or soon-to-be-released novels. What could be better than that?
Here are the details you need to know:
- the hunt begins 10/18 at noon, mountain time (that’s 11am pst, 1pm cst, 2pm est, I think!)
- the hunt ends 10/20 at midnight, mountain time (plenty of time!)
- there at 25 stops on the hunt, each with a clue in RED
- start at stop #1 (http://www.LisaBergren.com) and progress through all 25 stops, collecting the clues along the way. When you have all the clues, fill out the rafflecopter form on Lisa’s site. If you are notified as a winner on 10/21 you must provide the completed clue quote within 24 hours of the email or forfeit the prize and another winner will be drawn. (No need to give the clue sentence unless you are a winner.)
- this contest is open to international entrants.
So let the fun begin!
I’m so excited to welcome Robin Lee Hatcher to my blog today! She is a prolific writer (the kind who inspire me!) and is part of a lovely group of authors who blog at Writes of Passage. Here is a little more about Robin:
Best-selling novelist Robin Lee Hatcher, author of 70 novels and novellas, is known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love. She and her husband make their home in Idaho where she enjoys spending time with her family, her high-maintenance Papillon, Poppet, and Princess Pinky, the DC (demon cat). To learn more about Robin and her books, please visit her web site at http://www.robinleehatcher.com or join her on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/robinleehatcher.
Robin’s newest release, Beloved, is the conclusion to her Where the Heart Lives trilogy. Here’s the summary of Beloved, curtesy of Goodreads:
Diana Brennan came west on the orphan train and was given a home with a loving couple who cherished and spoiled her. At 17, she fell hard for Tyson Applegate, the son of a wealthy mine owner. After a whirlwind courtship and marriage, Tyson took off for adventures around the world, including fighting with the Rough Riders in Cuba. Receiving no word of him for seven years, Diana’s infatuation with her dashing husband died an ugly death, and she is ready to move past the old pain and marry again, just as soon as Tyson is declared legally dead.
But when her husband returns, supposedly a changed man, he wants to reunite with his wife and run for the senate. While Diana suspects the election is his real reason for wanting her by his side, she agrees to maintain his home and to campaign with him, but when it is over, win or lose, she wants her freedom. He agrees with one condition—-she must give him a chance to change her mind about him.
Now I’d like you to hear from Robin herself!
A Writer’s Bookshelf: Ten Read – Three Reading – Ten TBR
By Robin Lee Hatcher
Okay, come on. Confess. If you’re a book lover like me, don’t you like to go into someone’s home and look at their bookshelves? A home library tells you a lot about a person. (Getting a peek at books is not quite as easy or as fun to do with ereaders.)
Anyway, I thought for this scavenger hunt that I would give you a peek at my virtual bookshelf. Here goes…
Ten books I’ve read so far this year are:
- The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
- That Dog Won’t Hunt by Brandilyn Collins
- Once Upon a Time by Debbie Macomber
- Thin Body: The Magic of Walking 10,000 Steps by Scott Walker
- Dog On It by Spencer Quinn
- The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck
- Gifts Differing by Isabel Briggs Myers
- A House Full of Hope by Missy Tippens
- Austenland by Shannon Hale
- Warrior in Pink by Vivian Mabuni (an advance copy; book releases in 2014)
Three books I’m currently reading are:
- The Way Back Home by Barbara Freethy
- The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory
- How to Market a Book by Joanna Penn
Ten books in my To Be Read “pile” that I might read next:
- Twelve Ordinary Men by John MacArthur
- Barefoot Summer by Denise Hunter
- Force of Habit by James Scott Bell
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- King Leopold’s Ghost by Adam Hochschild
- The Women of the Cousins’ War by Philippa Gregory
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green
- Growing Up Amish by Ira Wagler
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- I, Paul by Jerry B. Jenkins
Listing my recent reads above was easy. I’m participating in the Goodreads Reading Challenge this year and am keeping a good record. Same for the three books I’m currently reading. But the list of ten books I might read next? That was hard, and it may not be even close to the books I’ll read next. I have hundreds and hundreds of unread books on my Kindle, calling to me, telling me to hurry up and get to them. Oh, to have nothing to do but read!
If you’re on Goodreads, I hope you’ll send me a friend request, and if you’re participating in the 2013 Reading Challenge, I hope you’ll let me know how you’re doing.
Purchase Beloved online at any of the following or your favorite brick-and-mortar bookstore!:
THE SCAVENGER HUNT SKINNY
Before you go, write down Stop #3 clue: hunt
Your next stop is Robin Lee Hatcher’s own site/blog! Make sure you make the rounds to all 25 stops and then enter the Rafflecopter form at stop #26 back at Lisa Bergren’s site, to be in the running for all the big prizes!
One more thing: BONUS PRIZES!!!
I’m giving away your choice of Wings of a Dream or At Every Turn to 2 winners from this site only. To enter, please click the Rafflecopter link below and follow the instructions. There are several ways to earn entries, including tweets, facebook page likes, etc, but you have to do them through the link for them to count as entries! (This is my first time using Rafflecopter, so please be patient with me if there are some glitches!)